Monday 22 December 2014

Bad turn

Yesterday I was pretty hungover and had had an argument with my partner so today I was determined to try to go out again with the kids (its the Christmas holidays) so off we set. It was really cold and very windy but I knew I would warm up through the exertion of walking so I didnt wear a coat just a jacket. I think my first mistake was deciding to run errands along the way so I had the location of the library in mind to post some books back. This meant walking boring common routes that Im all too used to that has very little scenic value. To try to extend it and help we cut through 'the duck pond' which is a vary small wooded section behind some houses where a big public pond is. I wasnt feeling the cold so much now but my 3yr old refused to walk at all so I was pushing her in the buggy the whole time. The next thing that ruined it for me was that my oldest kept nagging for the park which I find terribly boring as I cant do anything like walk around as the 3yr old wants only the swings or needs supervising on climbing things.
As soon as I gave in and stopped at the park I felt the cold twice as bad as when I first headed out. I felt peeved and disappointed and decided to go home. We had only been out a little over half an hour and walked in total about 1 mile.
Its hard to say if the weather was part to blame or the kids or perhaps both. But as the book says you are going to get bad days and I think I just have to chalk it up to a bad day. Also going on 'usual' walking routes means the kids know where the shops and parks are to nag about. Next I will try the more out of the way walk again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment