Saturday 20 December 2014

Hikes Sykes

More positive side effects of wanting to start the RFBR plan was that today in a bid for starting to increase my health and stamina ready for the 'proper thing' I really felt like getting out the house. Its a saturday, a day that drags slower than a dead turkey pinned to the back of a milk float.Th kids are always naggy and bored and it drives me nuts.. SO i announced we were going on a hike! Three very surprised kids (my two and my bf's daughter who stays fortnightly) were wondering where we going and why and what for. All of which recieved the answer of I dont know, we will just walk and explore and see what happens. Usually we just go to the local shop and back with the occassional 'treat' of the park, which is sooooo boring for me. So I felt pretty great as we set off.
The sky was that crisp blue. Bright enough to make you feel happy with that sharpness of cold that made you feel alive when you breathe it in. It was great. I took the buggy along as I expected the youngest aged 3 might struggle. I was surprised how unfit the other two were! Ten minutes into walking the moans of 'my legs are tired' started. But we went on and it was loads of fun. I even got us all running small distances. I was the worst for getting out of breath first followed by the 5yr old and the 8yr old done the best. The 3yr old mostly stayed in the buggy but its embarrassing to say even she can run faster than I!
We walked for an hour and ten mins which if I calculate according to the book is about 2 miles. I could have done more if the kids werent thirsty and tired. They flucuated between wanting to do more and saying they had energy only to be knackered the next. Even the 5yr old had a couple of rests inb the buggy.
All in all though I felt great that we had done it and I felt it bonded us much better than going to the park. There was a distant hill that they wanted to walk to and I have promised we will do that next time as we can bring drinks and be more prepared. Its very exciting and although I will enjoy being able to go further by myself when I start running properly I really enjoyed the kids company in exploring possible routes for myself.
The household def seemed more chilled out when we got back home and today we havent had the usual squabbles...yet. I feel pleased with myself and eager to do more and I felt the fresh air and endorphines have def made me happier and wanting to do more. I feel more energetic at home although right now (evening) I feel a numbness over my legs and my feet are a bit achy. But in a good way. I cant wait to chill out and go to bed tonight! Although because of my extra happiness and energy earlier I kinda made plans to P.a.R.t.Y tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment