Wednesday 28 January 2015

Day three! Does it count as on a roll yet?

So my run yesterday went well. Got a stitch but no pain in my ankle. I am finding it tricky to run with the buggy as I do feel I need to be able to move my arms freely. I was thinking about doing my course when I take my youngest to nursery so it is still at the time when I have left the house already It seems a good idea. But at the moment I dont want to change things so quickly as I am just starting to make it a daily habit. My partner is surprisingly more supportive than I expected although I think that is more because he gets to play his xbox in peace for the 25 mins I am out. I think he may therefore not mind the same 25 mins in the afternoon??
Today it was pretty cold and windy but I still made myself do it which is good. At the start I pushed myself more and beat some of my run markers but I paid for it by having to walk more and a stitch in my side yet again. But the stitch isnt too bad.
I had a drink yesterday on day 2 whereas today I didnt and I think it does make a difference to hydrate first.
After about an hours rest when I got home I went to the library which is quite a walk and when I got to do library I got twinges of pain like spasms in my right leg. Im sure its nothing and so long as I keep this up it can only get easier. I think I was out of breathe for less time when I got home too.
On my route there is a part that has a parallel path that is down a slope a little and my youngest thought she was cool to run it (her run keeps up with me walking). I thought maybe she will become a runner too from seeing me do it hahaha.
Also there is another part on my route that I could use to extend it just a little and also be more of a private route, on a cycle track which runs parallel to my now route. But again, I dont want to change things just yet. Tomorrow will be day 4 and friday day 5 so pretty good. Shame about the weekend cos my eldest doesnt like going out for 'walks' or anything. Will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment